Probability: CBSE Test Paper -1
1. The probability of getting bad egg in a lot of 400 is 0.035.Then find the no. of bad eggs in the lot.
2. Write the probability of a sure event.
3. What is the probability of an impossible event.
4. When a dice is thrown, then find the probability of getting an odd number less than 3.
5. A girl calculates that the probability of her winning the third prize in a lottery is 0.08.If 6000 tickets are sold, how many ticket has she brought. [Ans.480]
6. What is probability that a non-leap year selected at random will contain 53 Sundays.
7. A bag contains 40 balls out of which some are red, some are blue and remaining are black. If the probability of drawing a red ball is 11/20 and that of black ball is 1/5, then what is the no. of black ball. [Ans.10]
8. Two coins are tossed simultaneously. Find the probability of getting exactly one head.
9. A card is drawn from a well suffled deck of 52 cards. Find the probability of getting an ace. [Ans.1/13]
10. In a lottery, there are 10 prizes and 25 blanks. Find the probability of getting a prize.
1. Find the probability that a no. selected at random from the number 3,4,5,6,………..25 is prime.
2. A bag contains 5 red,4 blue and 3 green balls. A ball is taken out of the bag at random. Find the probability that the selected ball is (a) of red colour (b) not of green colour.
[Ans. 5/12, 3/4]
3. A card is drawn at random from a well-shuffled deck of playing cards. Find the probability of drawing (a) A face card (b)card which is neither a king nor a red card
[Ans.3/13, 6/13 ]
4. A dice is thrown once. What is the probability of getting a number greater than 4?
[Ans. 1/3 ]
5. Two dice are thrown at the same time. Find the probability that the sum of two numbers appearing on the top of the dice is more than 9.
[Ans. 1/6 ]
6. Two dice are thrown at the same time. Find the probability of getting different numbers on both dice. [Ans. 5/6 ]
7. A coin is tossed two times. Find the probability of getting almost one head.
8. Cards with numbers 2 to 101 are placed in a box. A card selected at random from the box. Find the probability that the card which is selected has a number which is a perfect square. [Ans.9/100 ]
9. Find the probability of getting the letter M in the word “MATHEMATICS”. [Ans.2/11]
10. Three unbiased coins are tossed together. Find the probability of getting all heads [Ans.1/8]